Friday, April 11, 2008

Running towards nothing

For a long time I didn't really understand some people's desire to travel. I understood the desire to see new places, but I didn't understand the expectation to figure life out running away from it. If there is something you are running from that makes sense, distance can do a lot and help make things clear. My recent travels started as an attempt to get some distance. Somewhere in the running away from something and towards nothing I found that the running itself has value. It doesn't need to be towards anything or away from anything, as long as you keep moving. Life doesn't magically make sense but little pieces are fitting together better.

2 comments:

lani Keller said...

I'm so glad that Piercing boy has a blog. I love looking at the deep internal thoughts of Nate-dog!! I will call soon....and hear about your adventures.

chira said...

we have to get together and you can tell me about how much you love my homeland!!! and the rest of asia too. :)