Sunday, May 30, 2010

Do you like boys or girls?

For the second time in two weeks a very nice gay boy asked me if I was into boys or girls. I'm not sure what that says about my general appearance, where I live or where I'm spending my time. I'll take it is a compliment, and recognize that I live in the gay capitol of Seattle. In both instances I continued to have a good time hanging out with said gay boys. Last night the boy offered to pick out girls for me which I found to be very polite. I do have to wonder how the rest of that conversation goes if the person being asked actually is gay. At least as far as I know it isn't acceptable to walk up to a girl and ask if she likes boys or girls. If she likes boys you could then move on to a very quick, "Can I buy you a drink?", which of course translates to "Do you like me?". That would be much too simple.

In fact I saw a very attractive young woman today while at the grocery store, and I really did wonder, does she like boys or girls? We exchanged smiles across the banannas part of the Northwest friendly but detached social custom. I had headphones in and that was the end of that. I'm still curious.

No comments: